USA Weightlifting Level 1
Please note this course is being run in conjunction with the TN NSCA State Clinic at TSU. You no not need to register for the State Clinic to attend this course. This course has an altered schedule as a result. Day 1 will be Friday April 5, 2019 from 2-6pm and day 2 will be held Sunday April 7, 2019 from 8am to 5pm. The course will NOT meet Saturday April 6 and we encourage you to attend the TN NSCA State Clinic held in the same location.
Course Description: In this two-day course, participants will gain practical information from top-level coaches about weightlifting technique, assessing movement, motor learning, biomechanics, effective coaching, and programming training. In addition to covering scientifically based concepts to optimize training and skill learning, a large portion of the course will be hands-on teaching and application of the complete technical progressions of the snatch, clean and jerk, and assistance lifts. Learn highly effective coaching tips and cues from our veteran weightlifting coaches, who will help you safely and effectively implement Olympic lifting movements in training weightlifters, clients, and athletes of all ages and abilities. This course balances hands-on learning, in-depth discussions of technical progressions, and science-based programming information. Gain access to proven training plans to get your athletes or clients started with Olympic lifting and enjoy the support of USAW to help you further your knowledge about training and coaching athletes. At the end of the course, participants should feel comfortable understanding and implementing a training plan, teaching beginner and intermediate athletes how to perform weightlifting movements, quickly correcting common technique errors, and employing best practices in coaching. Whether you are looking to get started coaching weightlifting, refine your coaching skills, or apply the weightlifting movements to other sports, this course is a valuable investment in your career.
Extensive course manual with videos of all exercise progressions, helpful resources, and sample weightlifting programming.
Other than an active USA Weightlifting membership, there are no prerequisites for this course. The course is open to anyone 17 or older, and no prior experience coaching or performing Olympic lifting is required.
This course has a total of 13 contact hours and is eligible for CEUs and CECs through a variety of professional organizations. For exact reporting requirements, please see our FAQs here
Friday April 5, 2:00pm-6:00pm and Sunday April 7 8:00am to 5:00pm
Held in conjunction with the TN NSCA State Clinic at TSU Saturday April 6, 2019.
Requirements for Certification:
In compliance with our USOC accreditation, both the free online Athlete Development Model training module and online course certification exam are required to receive your USAW Level 1 Coach certification. For more information about the certification process, please visit our FAQs here.
Who Should Take this Course?
- Weightlifting coaches
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Personal trainers
- Sport performance coaches
- College and university students
- Functional fitness coaches
- Anyone interested in improving weightlifting technique
Registration Information and Pricing: $499
- All course participants must be current USAW members.
- Pre-registration is required for all courses. On-site registration is not allowed.
- The registration deadline is 3 business days prior to the first day of the course.
- Registration costs are non-refundable. In the rare event a course is cancelled, USA Weightlifting is not responsible for any pre-paid expenses incurred by participant. A refund or transfer to another offering is available under this circumstance.
Benefits of being USA Weightlifting Level 1 Certified
- Industry recognition as a weightlifting coach from the sole governing body on weightlifting in the USA
- Increased desirability as a potential hire when you seek employment in coaching and training
- Access to USAW coaching materials to support your growth as a coach
- Exclusive discounts for products and services with USAW partners and sponsors
- Ability to purchase affordable and comprehensive liability insurance
- Exclusive discounts for select USAW events and USAW apparel
- Membership with USA Weightlifting, enabling you to enjoy all the benefits of competition and camaraderie in the sport
Why Attend a USA Weightlifting Coaching Course?
- USA Weightlifting is the original and only provider of weightlifting coaching certification in the USA
- Optimal blend of high quality content, experienced coaches, and hands-on learning
- We are invested in your development and will support you as you grow in your career